Out of Province Treatment

In some cases a second opinion or treatment in another province may be desired or necessary. Certain procedures require prior approval from the Saskatchewan Ministry of Health before payment will be made, so check with your oncologist before making any arrangements.

Occasionally patients are referred out of country for treatment that is not available in Canada. Before your family physician or specialist makes any arrangements, prior approval must be obtained from the Ministry of Health. The Ministry of Health consults the cancer centres before granting prior approval.

For more information about out-of-province care, please contact the Ministry of Health or speak to your oncologist.

The costs of travel, meals and accommodation are the responsibility of the patient.