Volunteer With Us
Cancer Centre Volunteers - An integral part of the healthcare team
At the Saskatchewan Cancer Agency, patients and families are at the heart of all we do, and it takes of team of dedicated individuals to ensure we are improving their experience.
Our team of healthcare professionals includes oncologists, nurses, physicists, radiation therapists, pharmacists, social workers and dietitians. Volunteers at the Allan Blair Cancer Centre and Saskatoon Cancer Centre are an integral part of that team, providing care and information to patients and families.
- Welcome patients and families as they arrive for their appointments at the cancer centre.
- Guide patients to areas of the hospital, such as the laboratory and nuclear medicine departments, admitting office, etc.
- Collate new patient information folders and re-stock pamphlets in the centre.
- Deliver beverages and snacks to patients and family members in the radiation therapy and chemotherapy areas and waiting rooms.
- Help patients select written material and audio/visual aids in the Patient and Family Resource Centre.
- Help patients select turbans and wigs in the Patient Support Centre.
Become Part of the Team
Volunteer application forms are available here. Forms can be submitted to the:
Allan Blair Cancer Centre Volunteer Services Department
4101 Dewdney Avenue, Regina SK S4T 7T1
Saskatoon Cancer Centre Volunteer Services Department
20 Campus Drive, Saskatoon SK S7N 4H4
Volunteers are selected through an interview process. They receive training at the cancer centre, which includes shadowing another volunteer. They are provided with a parking permit to use while at the centre.
For more information, contact the Volunteer Services Department at 306-766-2512 (Regina) or 306-655-2688 (Saskatoon).