Board of Directors
The Cancer Agency is guided by a board of directors appointed by the Lieutenant Governor in Council. The responsibilities of the board include:
- Selecting the president and chief executive officer and reviewing his or her performance.
- Establishing the overall strategic direction and framework for the Cancer Agency, including the mission, vision and values.
- Providing financial stewardship by overseeing the financial management of the organization.
- Monitoring the overall quality and safety of services and programs for staff and patients.
- Establishing and maintaining relationships with key stakeholders.
- Maintaining effective governance, which includes annually evaluating the board’s effectiveness and that of its committees.
All of the members sit on committees that are designed to help strengthen the Cancer Agency’s accountability to the people of this province.